Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Blog 1: Course Survey

1. Tyrone McFarlin Jr.
 
2. Cincinnati, Ohio
 
3. I'm interested in teaching high school math, specifically algebra and I want to become a high school head coach one day.
 
4.I play football at JCU, I've been playing since I was 5 yrs old. I had to go through ACL reconstruction surgery in May so I will not be playing this season, I plan on getting involved in community service and getting at least a 3.0.
 
5. Family is the most important thing to me, one of my college essays was about my 10 year old brother and talked about our relationship.
 
6. An open environment
 
7. My Freshman year in algebra class I knew the material so I wasn't paying attention. My teacher, Mr. Daniels, called on me and asked me if I wanted to teach the class, me having the utmost confidence in my abilities I got up there and explained to the class the properties used to simplify algebraic equations.

8. One concern is students are becoming so dependent on technology even though there have been studies that have proven students learn better when they write things down.

9. What made you want to go into Education? Did you ever go back and forth between education and another profession?

No comments:

Post a Comment