Sunday, September 20, 2015

Blog 3

Descriptions
1.) Guy walks in with backpack alone
2.) Two girls in workout clothes
3.)group of guys sitting at a table

Interpretations:
1.) Just got out of class looking for a quick snack, scans the area for friends.
2.) They seem to be in shape, their hair was down so I'm lead to believe they didn't just work out.
3.) Group of guys

Before I started I tried to set some of my past experiences and beliefs aside. It's very hard to set aside your beliefs and experiences because they make you YOU.  It felt awkward at first, I was actually thinking about what I was observing. Everyone people watches, but rarely write down what they are thinking during. I sat in the middle of the dining hall, and spotted a group of guys at a table. I began to think about what sports team they play for. Usually I sit with other football players when i eat so I assumed they play sports too. I learned that it is a lot harder to put who you are aside and not make assumptions when you have limited information. It takes practice and you have to be committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment