Monday, October 5, 2015

FieldBlog Post 1

I sat in on two classes, one was an 8th grade history class. It was a bit overwhelming at first, the kids were wired and at one point a kid just walked out of class. They got in a heated discussion on how to pronounce mercantilism. One kid walks up to me in the middle of the chaos and makes sure to let me know that the class isn't always like that. After spending 10 minutes in that class I walked down the hall to a 7th grade accelerated math class. The kids were sitting in 4s in tables around the room working on an exponent worksheet. They found a way to balance the work and talking with their friends at the table. After the class was over I heard something I've never heard in a middle school classroom. The teacher told the students that she would be there at 7:30 the next morning for any students that wanted extra help. I was shocked because my middle school math teachers were never really there for extra help, especially in the morning. Overall it was a good experience for my first time sitting in on a classroom not as a student. Im excited to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment